Newroco docs wiki style guide
- keep pages shorter rather than longer;
- split up longer pages by heading
- embed commands and scripts etc. into the page using <code></code> tags, or for single lines using a preceding " " - this makes the command or code easier to see and easier to copy/paste into new setups, and also preserves most (all) special characters
- commands should also have "# " before the command to make the difference between commands and configuration lines clearer e.g.
<instead of an tag open < to display the tag as text
- link to other existing pages/sections rather than reproducing the info in line in your page
To keep the pages in order the next template is recommended:
- Short description of the subject guide content
2) Step-by-step Guide
- Example of steps:
a) requirements b) installation c) configuration d) alternative configuration
3) Use Cases (where possible)
- links to information sources:guides, manuals, forums
More information about wiki formatting can be found on the User's Guide.