MSP Anywhere via WINE
- 1 Description
- 2 Installation
- 3 Use Case
- 4 Troubleshooting
- 5 Biblio
MSP Anywhere is a Team-viewer like windows app that offers you control over a windows system. WINE is a windows emulator that allows installing and running of windows apps. This guide provides information about setting up and using of MSP Aniwhere with WINE.
Firstly we need to set up WINE if we haven't done this on a previous occasion.
1.Setting up 32 bit architecture
- sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 -> enable 32-bit arch
- wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
- sudo apt-key add Release.key
- sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt install wine-stable winehq-stable
- sudo apt install winetricks
- export WINEARCH=win32
3.Installing MSP Anywhere
download via official site:
Install and run via WINE (it will operate automatically so all you need to do is to click it.)
Opening a new session
1. Open the console
2. click START NEW SESSION
3.1. instruct the client to go to startcontrol.com and enter the PIN code from OPTION 1
3.2. provide them the link in the OPTION 2 pannel
4. the client will then download an app. instruct them to run it as an administrator
5. chose the "desktop control" tab from the newly opened window and chose "Client will provide authentication" option.
6. instruct your client to click accept on the pop-up that had presented to them. this will restart the app.
7. as soon as the app restarts, click the "desktop control" tab again and proceed with your endeavors.
The new window that appears as the client offers a conection gets locked in the minimized state
Ask your client to restart the app in administrator mode.
Ask them to use another browser. Chrome is known to work.
 -> msp anywhere official site
 -> WINE official site
 -> detailed and explained WINE configuring instructions